26 May School Blinds
School Blinds From First Choice Blinds
- At First Choice Blinds we have over 25 years experience manufacturing blinds and roller blinds for schools
- Irish manufacturer of school and classroom blinds in Dublin and surrounding areas
- We are specialist in blackout roller blinds & screen blinds ideal for interactive whiteboards in schools.
- Our blinds comply with Department of Education specifications. Childsafe and fire retardant
If you have a nursery, or premises where children under the age of 42 months are present or likely to have access you must install blinds which are compliant with the child safety requirements of BS EN 13120:2009+A1:2014. This applies to all public buildings and publicly accessible areas of commercial buildings.
Window Blinds for Schools
We advise the use of cordless systems in the education sector to reduce risk of accident. Inherently save blind systems include crank handle operation and remote control blinds. Cord and chain tensione safety devices or easy break connectors can be fitted to conventional blinds systems to make them safe
Our blinds use robust materials, which can withstand the wear and tear of pupils’ attentions. We are able to provide an after care service for all your existing school blinds and school curtains.
We work in and out of term time, to ensure your school, college or university blinds are installed with minimal disruption to teaching and learning
Some Of The Blind Available
- Metal / plastic chains for operation
- Wide selection of patterns & colours
- Variety of trim options are available (including Luxaflex “no sew” finish)
- Different roll widths
- Large diameter tubes available
- Flame retardant fabrics
- Fabrics with reflective backing
- Screen fabrics (architects favourite, used in most contract school projects today)
- Blackout blinds (available in a number of different colours, system comes with head box and side channels to form a total light block.)
Venetian Blinds (Wood) or Faux wood
Wood is a natural insulator and can reduce heat loss through windows by as much as 50%. Recent research from The Edinburgh World Heritage Trust claim wood blinds could be just as effective in conserving heat as double glazing and can have dramatic effects on the amount of heat being lost from your home. 5 diverse and beautifully crafted collections from Sunwood Essential, Gloss, Soft Grain, Perfect Grain & Contour.
Venetian Blinds (Aluminium)*
Epitomising structural form, the sleek minimal lines of Alumitex represents today’s modern chic. Available in a range of 77 colours, this extensive collection offers broad possibilities for creating style and atmosphere of any kind. The success of Alumitex has been built not only on the quality manufacture of the blind but also through the vast array of finish effects. Choose from gloss, primary colours, futuristic metallic sheens and grained wood effect finishes.
Vertical & Panel Blinds(Fabric & Rigid Pvc)*
First Choice Blinds vertical collection enhances the vertical blind. Vivid colour ways, luxurious yarns and captivating designs combine to offer a vertical collection, synonymous to none, a bold, new trend in vertical window treatments. New and exclusive to Smartshades are the Vertical Blind Panels. The “Pure & Natural” collection is a fresh new look built on contemporary designs. These products can be applied to gable end shaped windows also.
Velux Blinds* (Manual, Electric, Motorised & Solar Powered)
- Blackout available in 40 colours and three operation methods.
- Non blackout available in 37 colours and three operation methods.
- Awning blinds for effective heat protection; stops the sun before it reaches the glass. Easily installed from the inside of the window. Choose from three colours with different levels of transparency and three methods of operation.
Call Now 01-4416366