15 Feb Window Blinds Child Safety
In line with legislation, we have carefully considered each blind on an individual basis, to ensure child safety is an essential feature. The home should be a place where children are safe and protected. Children naturally love to climb, explore and play and the possible risks may not be immediately obvious.
Simple measures can be taken to minimise risks and keep your child safe. Moving beds, cots and furniture away from windows and ensuring cords do not twist, become tied together or create a loop. With First Choice Blinds you can be confident that the product choices you make are child safety focused.
Safety made simple
You can find out everything we do to make sure our blinds are child safe right here.
Some of our blinds work without cords or chains. By design, these blinds are child safe. Similarly, our shutters are child safe too.
Any of our blinds that use cords or chains are delivered with child-safety devices. These help to keep controls neat‚ tidy and out of the reach of children. You should always fit these devices with your blinds.
Read on for more information about blinds and child safety.
Cord and chain-free blinds are exactly as the name suggests. And that quality is what makes these options child safe.
You can choose:
• Control cord-free Pleated and Venetian blinds in Perfect Fit frames
• Tab Pleated blinds
• Luxury Roller blinds (these use a spring mechanism)
• Wand-operated Vertical blinds
Alternatively, you could go for shutters, which open and close like doors.
Our child–safe devices
Any blinds that use cords or chains come with child-safety devices. These features include breakaway tassels, consolidators and clips that snap under pressure, but can easily be put back together.
You’ll also get child-safety devices for the controls of your blind to wrap around.
• Roman‚ free-hang Pleated and Venetian blinds come with a cleat for the cord controls to be wrapped around. This child-safety device must be fitted to the wall or window frame at a height at least 1.5 metres from the floor.
• Roller‚ Vertical and deluxe Roman blinds come with a safety hook that keeps the cord or chain controls permanently taut. This child-safety device must be fitted to the wall or window frame at the point where the control has been fully extended.
- Motorised Blinds are another Child Safe option and at First Choice Blinds we offer a full range of Mains and Low Voltage motorisation and convenient and economic Battery options.
- Rollers, Verticals, Romans Venetian and Pleated blinds have all been motorized by Acme engineers and offer ease and safe operation for years to come.
Call Now 01-4416366